mission of Plunge Into Purple is to facilitate events that welcome students to
the excitement and traditions of ECU through education, socialization, and
involvement. Don’t just be a Student, Be
a Pirate! Take advantage of every opportunity offered at ECU, both in and out
of the classroom. Being a Pirate means
excelling in academics, becoming a leader, getting involved with the community,
volunteering your time, socialization, building lasting friendships, making
memories, and embracing traditions.
1. Program content must address at least one of the goals of Plunge Into Purple.
2. Programs must be free for students.
3. Collaboration across departments and organizations is strongly encouraged. If similar events are submitted, the committee may request that the groups work together.
4. The department or organization must submit an assessment and attendance numbers to the Plunge committee following the event. Failure to do so will result in not being included in the following Plunge calendar.
5. If accepted as a Plunge event, the department or organization should use the Plunge mark on their marketing (this may include a social media hashtag and Plunge Into Purple logo image).
6. Events planned on the same day or time may be asked to change in order for events not to be overlapping.
7. The sponsoring organization or department must fund this event in its entirety.
8. Departments and organizations are responsible for scheduling locations for events through Central Reservations.
provide a brief summary of your event as you would like to see it advertised on
the Plunge Into Purple website (Max 60 words):